Tuesday 15 December 2009

The Mushroom Does the Talking

I was in the throws of a Christmas party. My friends Estelle and Sarah were there, Estelle was very drunk and asleep in the dining room, I go her a blanket and continued with the party. I popped outside to see my Grandma in the fenced off area, I joined her and asked what she was doing.

"I'm looking for the old Mushroom, the one that talks." She was poking around with a stick. She found the old Mushroom who groaned and turned away. Grandma shrugged, "I just wanted a conversation."

I then went back into the house and into the living room. An old school friend Katie was in there watching Hollyoaks. She laughed at me for only knowing the name of the skankiest one. I watched it for a bit but wasn't hugely interested.

I then went back into the garden to sit down with the rest of the party and have some food. Jack Davenport was talking to the old Mushroom, he looked quite scared when he returned. I asked him what was wrong.

"I'm being tested. Apparently I'm not worthy." He then went into the kitchen and started to cook the Christmas dinner. That was part of his test. I helped him and his eyes soon lit up when he pulled a packet from the cupboard.

"Oh, but we have chirozo and cheese twists!" he opened the oven and put them in. Everything was okay again.

2 comments:

Davros said...

I <3 Jack Davenport. Even when he looks like an ice cream.

sk said...

Yay for dreams about Jack Davenport! I've had two of them. *g*