Tuesday 23 June 2009

Free cinema showing, random dream and heading to the cinema

So, I get a facebook message yesterday from Alex asking me to come to a free showing of 'Sunshine Cleaning,' today at midday. I agree, do my night time things then go to be ready for the funness that the following day would bring. Clearly excited about this whole prospect I dreamt about what was to come today.

----
..Dreamage:
So there I am going to meet Alex for 12:30 when the movie starts. We were actually wrong and the movie had started at 12pm. So instead we end up hanging out in the lobby with Stephen Fry, Richard Attenborough (The guy from Jarassic Park) and Frank Turner (Awesome singer, please buy his stuff I can't enforce the awesomeness.) So Davey is also there and I turn to her and say "I'm standing next to Stephen Fry."

She looks at me incredulously, like she can't see that he is standing on the otherside of me, "oh my god, no way."

I then move to stand next to Frank Turner and he puts his arm around me, after a while I decide to go and get a drink. When I come back Frank is standing next to Alex with his arm around her. Alex looks at me in a confused fashion and says "who is this guy?" I explain his awesomeness.

----

So back to real life. Alex and I arrive at the cinema for 11:30am, the tickets say the film starts at 12:00, just before 12:00 we are let in, we get out seat in the cinema and sit chatting for a while. It gets to quarter past and we are like 'seriously, where is this film.' We moan a little bit but in good spirits, we have nothing better to do. At twenty five past a cinema lady comes in and apologises for the wait 'See Film First,' the company that gave us FREE tickets, had gotten the tickets wrong they were supposed to be 12:00 to show up for a 12:30 start. Alex and I are like, 'oh, well that's okay.'

This bloke behind up starts shouting that they were told the film would be done at 1:30, well it blatantly would be. This woman a few rows in front of us starts moaning that it is the cinema's fault when it blatantly isn't.

How the fuck can she moan about a showing for a FREE film starting half an hour late, if she had to be somewhere she would've gone she wouldn't have lost any money from it. By the end of this lady's rant Alex, myself and the few rows around us were pissing ourselves laughing at the woman who has the audacity to complain about a Free film.

It was Free, shut the hell up.

On another note my dream knew the film would start at 12:30pm.

No comments: