Wednesday 10 September 2008

What I am loving too much right now.

Life On Mars.

I've always been a fan ever since a roleplay partner of mine, and now good friend, Drifty told me about the show. We were roleplaying Torchwood some nice slash Ianto/Jack, she was always talking about Life on Mars and how it was fabulous so I decided to watch it. For a serious show that is, in some parts, full of angst it is hilarious.

The plot is fabulous, the characters are amazingly loveable (see post below *loves Gene Hunt*). I'm not going to go into the plot because I want you to watch it, love it and write about it. You will especially love it if you grew up in the 70's as that is when it is based this means 70's music! Even as a 19 year old this is a dream come true as my musical tastes revolve heavily around 70's rock music.

Named after the David Bowie song 'Life on Mars' which is one of my favourite songs and features in the show. Brilliant song, now stirs up in me all sorts of amazing emotions to do with the show as does the song 'Live and Let Die' gives me goose bumps.

Anyways this is basically a rant to tell you all how wonderful this show is. The hilarity for a drama show is amazing, there have been some times when I've had to stop watching to laugh because if I hadn't I would've missed the show through the tears of laughter.

The parts of the show that fill me with happy are Gene Hunt's one liners and the 'male bonding'.

xx

No comments: