Monday 16 June 2008

My Musical Tastes

They've changed so much over the last few years. Never did I think I'd be heading out to buy coldplay's new album. Viva Le Vida. Yet I heard Violet Hill's first play on radio 1 and instantly loved it. I'm not a fan of any other Coldplay song and generally turn the radio over when a song comes on.

Yet now I am entraced. Both Viva Le Vida and Violet hill have pulled me into their little web of melodic indie. And being a rock bitch I'm quite surprised. I'm not sure whether it's good publicity (the I tunes advert for the album is the most beautiful piece of design I've ever seen) , good music or the fact that my musical tastes have changed.

A year ago I was very into heavy glam rock: The Glitterati, Hurricane Party/Roadstar, The Darkness, The Pleasures, Kiss.

The my tastes evolved into a slightly more Electro sound, thanks to The Mighty Boosh: Nemo, IAMX, Robots in Disguise.

Then a bit of Jazz: Michael Buble

Then to Dance: Cascada, September, H20

Now I'm loving this crazy pop thing that is happening: Ting Tings, Alphabeat.

And Now I like Coldplay.

Three years ago if you'd have told me I would like Jazz, Indie and Dance I would've kicked you with my New Rock boot.

It's nice to have a change though. My musical tastes are so wide and varied now it's hard to keep myself entertained constantly. I am starting to build my musical library into something quite bizarre.
x

No comments: